Note to self

This Monday morning was a little bit more rushed than usual.
But I managed to make everyone lunch, morning snack and breakfast. Remembered Theo's library book and Bella's PTA note. I remembered to give school supplies for the kids' class. Most importantly I remembered it was picture day so I made sure Theo wore a clean shirt and braided Bella's hair. I felt pretty good about doing all of that in an hour.

In the middle of this whirlwind, my 6th grader was having a hard time getting up this morning so I sweetly offered to drive him to school, half way across town. You can't be late in middle school or you get a detention! So we hop in the car, make our way through the traffic and make it to the front of the school with 2 minutes to spare. I'm feeling so good that we've made it when I look down and realize that I'm wearing my pink pajama bottoms and a bright pink flimsy tank top and that Gabriel needs me to get out of the car and open the door for him. Of course behind me is a line of cars waiting and with parents watching me get out of the car. I forget to unlock the back door so I have to go around the car twice, totally exposed. And it gets worse I look up to see the new Middle School principal standing in front of the school watching me!

Ok I guess 6th grade isn't socially embarrassing enough I had to go ahead and make it just a little bit more awkward!!!!! ( At least I turned down the dance music before we got in front of the school)

Note to self: Remember to change out of your pj's at all times. Don't assume that you won't have to get out of the car. 

Note to self 2: Remember not to wear pink to the meet the principal at back to school night later this week, maybe he won't make the connection!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning