The Beavers

We all have our stereotype images of the suburbs.

Among the many negative ones I had, and trust me there were many, there were a few positive ones.

For example, that instead of taking my three kids to the park which meant: piling soccer balls, shovels, snacks, jackets, phone, keys, and kids unto the stroller, taking the elevator down, stopping at every floor, finally making it to the lobby only to go right back up because someone realized they needed to go to the bathroom and finally making it to the park 20 minutes later.

I imagined that in the burbs I would just open my door and let my kids play in the yard or with the neighborhood kids.

Well guess what? The other day the kids were just playing around the house after school when the door bell rings. It's our 9 year old neighbor. Huge smile on his face, dressed in a snow suit and he says "can Gabriel come and sleigh with me?" SURE! and off go Gabriel and Theo to sleigh for an hour. I stayed home with my 18 month old, where it's warm and looking out my living room window to keep an eye on my boys who are having a blast! How simple is that?

Now I'm hoping that when the warm weather comes, this will be a daily occurrence!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning