How much do I owe you?

Ok. so let me put to rest the biggest misconception about moving to the suburbs, that it will be cheaper out there! I could give you many examples I'll just stick to two for now:
I used to walk down the hall about three times a day and throw my garbage down a chute. Now in the burbs I have to PAY someone to come and pick up my garbage twice a week!
In the city I just let the parks and recreation people upkeep beautiful parks and playgrounds. I recently paid someone quite a bit of money to pick up the leaves in my backyard and in the gutters! I couldn't afford the fertilizer treatment. that would have pushed the bill close to $600!

Comments

  1. Besides the drain on your wallet, how about the drain on your time? It takes 30 seconds to walk down the hall and toss the trash. In the burbs, I have to collect the trash for several days, then rebag it into big black bags, put it in big bins and lock down the tops to keep the raccoons out. Oh, and that's after I've SORTED the trash, flattened the cartons, washed the jars and cans, and bound the newspapers. That's easily 45 minutes every week! In the city,my super did all that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Stew Leonards yet? If you go on Saturday morning you can eat lunch for free as you browse through all the food sample stations. Browse isn't really the right word, your NYC crowd management skills will prove to be very useful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of home ownership comes with the joys of lawn care. My advice is to take advantage of your new yard and design the landscaping yourself. Dirt under the fingernails is rewarding!

    stan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning