Reunion

The kids, hubbie and I have just come back from a three daybreak in NYC.

We stayed in our old neighborhood. At first I was a little apprehensive that everyone would feel really homesick. In turns out everyone really enjoyed themselves.

We had a great dinner with three other families. The kids hung out with their friends, I shared a much needed drink with the other moms. It was so much fun. The kids' table made Animal House look tame but apart from that it was great.

We went to our favorite restaurants, discovered some new one. Braced ourselves against the cold and walked around town.

Hubbie and I had a much needed date night at Nobu. Our old babysitter came to our hotel to look after the kids.

When we got home this afternoon, I asked the kids how they felt about the trip. They both said that they had a great time and that they miss NYC. But to my great surprise they also said that they liked Westport. They like the freedom of being able to go for a bike ride with the neighbors by themselves. They also like their new schools.

Tonight I truly believe that there are advantages to both living in the city and in the country.
Most importantly, I know that one of the best thing I can do for me and the family is to keep our ties to our city friends strong and real. It's hard to live away from our friends but it's great to know that we can just pop into the city and hang out together just like old times.

In fact, we're going back next Saturday to celebrate a friend's birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning