It's all in the planning

Here is the insight for the day. City = spontaneity, Westport= planning.
When you walk out the door in the city you are almost assaulted by all of the possibilities. Best of all if one plan doesn't work out there is always a back up option. It's almost impossible to live in the city and not feel like you've made the most of your day. The city doesn't allow you to be lazy.

In Westport if I'm going to do anything outside of the house, I have to plan. If I want to see people, I have to plan. I'm not going to run into someone while I drop off the kids to school with the car, and I'm not going to see anything on my morning run that will stop me in my track and say great I'll do that today.

Out here you have to decide to be proactive and make the most of it. This is where the NYC attitude comes in handy.

So let's see what have I done to be proactive. I joined the PTA and was invited to a great moms-only cocktail party, where I met lots of moms like me. I signed the kids up for some classes. I joined a bookclub. I signed up for a kick-boxing class. I take the kids to the gorgeous public library down the road. I made Gabriel take the school bus so that we could meet the neighbors at the bus stop. Instead of schedule a date night with my hubbie, I talked him into having dinner with three new couples and it turned out to really fun.

Considering it's winter and many people are either at work or in their car, I feel like I've made some progress but if I'm going to have some fun, I need to keep planning.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are almost getting over-involved. But thats fine if you don't want any free time...I love my spare minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where