Driving in the burbs

So as you know, everyone drives everywhere in the suburbs. And I mean everywhere.
So you would think that they would be pretty decent drivers since they spend so much time behind the wheel.

Guess what? It's exactly the opposite. People here have spent so many hours behind the wheel that they are in this sort of coma. None of them pay any attention. None of them use their signals, they just kind of decide last minute to take a turn across four lanes of traffic. I mean this is the most life endangering driving I've ever seen, it even tops the crazy drivers in Bogota, Columbia!

It's actually really scary because they're all driving SUVS. I can't tell you the number of women I've seen driving these things and meanwhile they can barely see over the wheel. So they can barely see where they're going but they're on the phone, painting their toenails while driving through a stop sign. It just boggles the mind. The other day I was in the car with all three kids, stopped at a stop sign when a women took a turn unto our street and almost collided with us front on, all because she didn't know how to turn into a two lane road!!! She just assumed the whole road was hers... hello.

How I pine for those crazy NYC cab drivers! At least I'm in the back and I know it's not my car that will be totaled if we get into an accident.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning