Food for the brain

Last night, I popped over to NYC to hear a lecture on the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain that is responsible for most of our decision making.
The lecture was fascinating mostly because I'm always in awe of how much we still have to learn about the brain and its capabilities.

But the most interesting quote of the night was this: "dissatisfaction with the status quo is a pre-requisite for creativity." The speaker went on to say that most people are fine with the status quo, some moan about it and do nothing and others are so upset by it that they create great things to disrupt the status quo.

How liberating is that idea?

I think I smiled the whole way home. Based on this idea, it's ok for me to feel dissatisfied with the status quo of suburban life, and given my high level of dissatisfaction, chances I'll be more creative as a result. Maybe I'll write more (blog or book) and start my own business ( Personal Coaching)!

For all of you out there who have felt like they didn't fit in, didn't agree with status quo, take charge and do something about it! Be creative, don't just moan about it!




Comments

  1. I get my creative juices going every time I read an issue of Juxtapoz Art & culture Magazine. The tough part is putting those creative ideas into action.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning