Pre and Post Burbs

One of the main reasons I write this blog is to help people who are moving to the burbs or people who are thinking about moving there get some helpful snapshots.

Here is a really important one.
Before I moved here I was petrified of gaining weight as a result of spending a majority of my time in a car versus walking. So when I got here I exercised religiously. But I was also feeling torn.

I was surrounded by hyper fit women who literally spent all of their free time and a good deal of their disposable income on fitness trainers and programs. To me, the image of a stay at home working out consistently to look amazing in her skinny jeans, well it made me cringe.

So I tried bootcamp, I jogged 4 times a week, jumped rope but I didn't have a trainer, I did it in a non consistent way on my own. The truth is that by fighting the norm out here, which is to work out consistently to fight the bulge with a trainer I made a mistake. The net net is that if you go from walking everywhere and working out 4 days a week to driving everywhere you will put on weight.

I'm pretty conscientious of my weight and in spite of my best efforts I've put on weight.
And truth be told, I think it's worse to be an overweight suburban housewife than a fit, work out crazy one!

So you ask, what's my plan. Well when I get rid of this cold, I'm going back to jogging 4 days a week, boxing 2 times a week and boot camp or a personal trainer once a week.

If you move out to the burbs, do yourself a favor and make the gym the first thing you sign up for. You'll thank me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning