Seasonal Pajamas

Back when I lived in the city I used to get these L.L. Bean catalogues and in them would be these really unattractive photos of women wearing flannel nightgowns and pajamas. Some even had matching slippers. I used to simultaneously laugh out loud and cringe because those pajamas were sooo ugly. I wondered who in the world wore those things? Clearly women who had given up!

It's only when we moved out of the city last winter, that I realized who actually wears flannel pajamas....everyone and anyone who lives in a house and wants to stay even remotely warm!

When you live an apartment temperature variations are pretty limited. Therefore you can wear your sweet cotton nightgown pretty much through out the year.
When you live in a house it's a whole different story. It's cold!!!! It's drafty!!!

I still haven't given in to the flannel option but I'm not looking much better thanks to the four layers of clothing I wear to bed! I'm talking long sleeve t-shirt, cotton pj's, smart wool socks, sweater and scarf! Last night I even tried leg warmers (remember those?) It's not attractive.

What's a city girl to do?

Here my solution. This Winter season, I'm asking Santa for some cashmere PJ's and matching socks. They're warm, they're stylish. A year in the burbs and I'm still not ready to give up but I seriously need some seasonally appropriate PJ's.!


Comments

  1. I found that the best way to keep warm in the Winter is to have your 75lb Labrador sleep on the bed with you.

    SB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning