Fancy Pants

Reader beware, the burbs can affect your clothing choices and overall style.

When you live and work in the burbs it's easy and convenient to just throw on a pair of jeans with a relatively cute, but machine washable, top. For one, it's an outfit that will survive whatever your kids throw at you and secondly it's easy. To be honest, there aren't many people to "dress up for" in the burbs. I mean I'm not getting dressed for the school bus driver, the other moms on the street or the check out lady at the supermarket.

When you live in the city, people are much more style aware so it's a bit of a competition. You feel frumpy very quickly if you don't make an effort. Plus you might actually run into someone you want to impress and of course as you're walking you see lots of store fronts with great new fashion ideas that inspire you. And of course as with anything the more you do it the more it becomes a habit.

So the net net is that without really noticing it I've been wearing jeans 6 out of 7 days a week for last year. Yesterday I said enough! How is it that a french girl who likes clothes and has parents who have under every circumstance dressed elegantly let herself go like this?

I took action right away. I walked to my closet and chose a pair of navy pin stripped pants and a blue cashmere turtleneck. Nothing fancy but at least not a pair of jeans.

What's the result?
1. I felt better all day long
2. I was more efficient as a life coach
3. My son walked off the school bus, barely said hello and said "why are you wearing fancy pants? Are you going somewhere? Are you going to work?
4. I haven't worn jeans all week and I've rediscovered the rest of my wardrobe

In fact today, I'm wearing a dress. Imagine what my son is going to say when he gets off the school bus this afternoon!

Put away those jeans and go rediscover your closet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning