Health or Death

Working out in the burbs is really vital to your health. Primarily because you spend the majority of your time in a car.

The problem is that working out in the burbs can be deadly. You think I jest....

Let's start with running. Running in the city is done in a park, or the Central Park Reservoir or on a walkway. The point is that a runner rarely has to deal with cars. In the burbs you basically can run on a road with no sidewalk and if you're very lucky it's a road with a bike lane. Either way you're risking your life because you have to run next to cars. In those cars are drivers who are either on the phone, checking e-mails or turning their heads to yell at their kids! The net net is that they are not paying attention to anyone on the road! That means that during a 40 minute run you run the risk of being killed approximately 20 times.

It's not much better if you go to the gym. This morning to get to my 6:00AM boxing class I had to drive slowly on my street to avoid the deer. The I took I95. To get to my class I had to avoid the speeding semi trailers,  drunk drivers returning home and the drivers speeding to get to work. Again in order to maintain my health I had to avoid death at least three times in ten minutes.

You get the point. If you move to the burbs stay healthy by being aware of the unique dangers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning