What I like about the burbs...(you read that right)

When I lived in the city, one of my favorite places was the Union Square Farmer's market. In the midst of concrete and pollution,  it's an island of fresh homegrown, natural yummy stuff. I always walked away with no money left in my wallet but carrying beautiful lilac bouquets, fresh goat cheeses and fresh organic veggies.

My new favorite Farmer's market is my garden in Westport. Instead of paying $10 for a small bouquet of lilac I now just walk to the back of my house and cut a couple of branches whenever I feel like it. Instead of paying a silly amount for organic lettuce, I ask my 6 year old to go to our vegetable garden to cut a few leaves for dinner.  Tomatoes, broccoli, radishes, raspberries, strawberries and melons are on there way....I can't wait!

I have to say this is probably my favorite part about living in the burbs.

Comments

  1. Those photos look great. I, too, am enjoying the "fruits" of my wife's labor with fresh Swiss Chard, Cilantro, and a few others that I have no idea what they are called (but I trust my wife not to poison me). Also have some mint coming soon that includes a variety of chocolate mint. Should make for some delicious Mojitos!

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I was thinking of using our mint for the exact same thing :)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning