Sans Kids

Most things in the suburbs, as you already know, are pretty traditional, including the husband and wife roles. Many husbands go to work in the city from 7am-10pm each day and most women stay in the burbs 24/7. Many of these women have their own local businesses and pursuits as well but the net net on your marriage is that the amount of time you spend together is really reduced to the weekend. Weekends means a lot of kid commitments like sports and parties.

Somehow having so little time for each other has made date night, sans kids, even more important. As you can imagine, finding a sitter is just as competitive here as it is in the city. Once you find a good one and your date night is set up you don't want to share.

So I recently joined a baby sitting service called sittercity. I highly recommend it all of you who are in the burbs and looking for a sitter that is older than 13 (a lot of people feel ok using a neighbor's kid...) I paid my fee, posted my ad and within 3 days I had 15 responses which included, profile, background, experience and an email message. I've done the phone interviews and today the kids are interviewing three candidates.

As my oldest one said to his brother last night "get your nice clothes out and your notepad and pencil."

If you or any of your friends decide to move to the burbs, first thing you have to schedule is date night.....otherwise you might find yourself alone in the burbs!

Comments

  1. so funny! I was considering calling them too! They have been advertising a lot. Let me know the results, as we are dying for date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant service! We found two great babysitters. One is a music teacher at an elementary school and the other just graduated from George Washington University and is working at a sports marketing firm. The first one came yesterday and the kids and I loved her. Totally recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning