Efficiency


I love efficiency, maybe it's because I'm type A, maybe it's because I'm a Virgo, maybe it's because I'm a mother of three. Whatever the reason I love it. I love it because I like to get more than one thing done at a time. I love it because I get my chores done faster and I get to have some fun!

When I moved to burbs I moaned endlessly about how incredibly inefficient living here was. It takes 15 minutes to get to the grocery store when it take 4 in the city. The fact that you have to sit in traffic instead of using the speed of your legs is a constant challenge to efficiency!

Well today I had a truly efficient day in the burbs. I took my kids to pick their own strawberries. In one stroke, they spent time outdoors in the sunshine, learned how strawberries grow, that it's work to get those babies to the supermarket shelf and best of all I save myself a trip to the supermarket.

This afternoon the heat and humidity were unbearable. So I whipped out a spinning toy sprinkler. In one stroke, my daughter and I cooled off, giggled our heads off running back and forth through the cold water, got some exercise AND the lawn was watered as well. So tonight, I don't have to water the lawn, instead I can read a book and sip a glass of wine. So efficient, I love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning