Time Travel

Going home to France is a journey in time.  The three thousand mile journey takes off about 20 years from my age. I leave the U.S.A, a mother and arrive in France a daughter.It’s kind of a funny thing because I travel with my three kids so by necessity I remain an adult in charge of the well being of three little ones.
But when I’m in France, I’m taken care of and others refer to me and treat me as primarily a daughter, not a mother. My dad does little things like making me breakfast and where ever I go, whether it’s the local village or the bakery everyone refers to me as Jacques Blondeau’s daughter. That’s also how I’m introduced to new people, I’m not Sophie, I’m Jacques’ daughter.
It’s a funny thing, time travel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning