Patience

Patience is not a key characteristic of a city girl. In fact, patience is pretty much a liability in the city.
But patience in the burbs has really paid off!
I've been debating about whether or not to put up a fence between my yard and my neighbor's yard for about a year. The main reason was to hide the really ugly mess on her side. It really upset me to look at her junk every time I went to the garden. I tried to talk to her about it but to no avail.

For months, I've been on the fence about getting a fence. I got two fence estimates which as you can imagine were not cheap. Hubby and I talked about it endlessly. Every time we just couldn't bear to spend so much money on a fence rather than say a family trip abroad.

So on it went until one day my neighbor sends me an email to inform me that she's putting up a fence!

How great is that? Procrastination is my new thing!

They say fences make good neighbors and I couldn't agree more.

Comments

  1. Very true! I want to make my own picket fence and use it as a lattice for some flowers. We have our central air unit that you can see from the road and i want to cover it up by putting it in front of our existing chain link fence. I love the country look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning