Come over and shop!

Over the last two years I've received invitations for Trunk Shows.
I never went because:
1. It sounded like a fancy version of a tupperware party which just freaked me out
2. I didn't want to go and be forced to buy something.
3. The idea of going alone to into the friend's of a friend's house wasn't appealing!

Anyway today I got over these hurdles (prejudices) and attended my first trunk show.
What changed my mind? Well first off a good friend of mine was hosting. Secondly I love the house in which it took place and I found a buddy to go with me.

It turned out to be nothing like a tupperware party. It's what we city girls call a sample sale!
As my friend said, I sooo miss those fabulous city sample sales where you find amazing things.

Well today, out here in the suburbs of CT I got two great side rugs, by Rosemary Hallgarten http://www.rosemaryhallgarten.com) for a ridiculously low price and a cube/seat that I would normal covet in a design magazine for over 75% off (I can see hubbie smiling right now).

Of course there was also a jewelry vendor there with beautiful jewels that were way out of my price range yet after this trunk show I have this "yeah I'm so thrilled with my find!" feeling that only a sample sale can give you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning