One Nut in Suburbia

Coconut is a delicious treat that's allowed on the Paleo diet I'm doing so I recently bought a fresh one in an effort to have a nice healthy snack around.

Let me tell you how much pleasure one coconut brought us this morning.
My youngest son and I headed to the garage, took out a nail and a hammer from hubbie's tool box and proceeded to have a really exciting and fun smashing session. (No fingers were smashed in the process!)

Once the nut was broken we had a delicious, yummy and unusual snack to munch on.

Then my son used the broken pieces to reconstruct the nut as a puzzle and decided it made a fun house to play with.

To top it all off it was an opportunity to pass on a family memory...my dad used to smash coconuts when we were little and I still remember the fun to this day.

One nut in suburbia went a long way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning