White Powder

We just had our first blizzard of the winter and it's been wonderful.
The key ingredient of course is this magical white powder called snow! Snow makes everything better.
Snow makes the scenery all around sparkle.
It brings kids of all ages together whether it's for sleighing or a snow ball fight.
It turns grandparents into little, giggling kids.
Neighbors come out and help each other.
Even the grocery store is magically transformed.

Let me explain. After our neighbor kindly came to clear our driveway with his snowblower we decided to bake him cookies to say thank you (bad idea for my paleo diet I write this on a massive sugar overdose!)
Anyway I drove to my Trader Joe's to get some chocolate chips and after risking my life, realized that I had left my wallet at home. I kindly asked the manager if I could possibly pay for my choco chips the following day to save me another scary drive and guess what? He said yes! Not only that, when I tried to give him my contact information he said "no worries, I trust you." Snow makes everything better.

p.s. Snow makes things better in the city too. I have such fond memories of sleighing in Central Park with my son and having a blast with complete strangers who had been transformed into buddies by the magical white powder called snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning