With a little help...

Hubby and I are escaping the burbs this week.
That's right just the two of us, no cherubs in tow.

I personally believe that the only way our marriage can survive the burbs is if we make frequent visits to the outside world be it NY or Europe. Otherwise chances are we'll end up like that couple in "Revolutionary Road."

How are we managing this escape? With the kind and generous help of our friends, neighbors and family.

I have to say that I am so grateful for my suburban network.

While we get a break the kids will still do karate and gym class, they won't miss their basketball games, they'll go to their friend's birthday party, stay on track at school...all that because friends have volunteered.

They'll get spoilt by their grandparents, enjoy their Yaya's delicious cooking.

My in-laws will have a support team with neighbors who are willing to step in at anytime.

And we will get a carefree week to reconnect and get ready to face winter life in the burbs.

If you haven't done yet...book that trip with your hubby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I live in Wall-e world.

No Matter Where

It's all in the planning